9/30/2006

All systems go with Foul Play in Dapto.

The final script has been issued, the music is being composed, the set is being designed, and -- most importantly -- the kids have done the first full reading and are still enthusiastic. They're happy with their characters, and with the funnier lines, the music, and the fight scenes. One kid even told me, "You rock!" (That was very heartwarming indeed.) Another said he's added the world premier of this work to his acting resume.

Me, I'm rapt. The kids are already throwing themselves into the roles, and I'm sure they'll do a great job. More selfishly, I'm thrilled that I don't suck as a playwright. They get a fun play to premier, and I get an ego boost. Win-win!

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Jessica Vivien said...

Hope the play is still going well. I can now come out of the closet and introduce myself as a fellow Clarion South classmate for 2007 and talk openly with you about it all. I look forward to meeting you and will no doubt meet you on the new yahoo group for our class soon.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ma!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home