10/12/2007

Queensland is enlightened.

I have many hours before my flight back to Wollongong leaves, and I'm spending most of the day in the State Library of Queensland. Because! They have this huuuge barn of a room with dozens and dozens of computers and -- which is why I'm here -- absolutely free, whiz-bang-fast wireless Internet. If I didn't have my computer and (heavy) backpack to lug around, I'd sightsee through the rest of the library, which seems to be quite a happening place. (And I'm somewhat of an aficionada of libraries.)

Eventually I will settle in and write for a few hours, but right now I've been having too much fun checking emails and friends' blogs, and researching minor plot points for my current project.

Last night was very fun: I met up with a bunch of Clarion buddies at our usual Indian restaurant, the one everyone went to after the readings at Avid Reader bookstore each Thursday evening. This was my third Big Clarion Reunion (New York, Conflux, and now Brisbane). It's always kind of poignant, because I miss my Clarion buddies -- that was one heck of an intense bonding experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home