10/03/2007

Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one.

Simon Brown agrees. The story on the page is never as good as the glittering, crystalline story in your head.

"There's mud in my pen," I cried.

"There's mud in my head," Simon said.

Conflux is good for being reassured that just because you feel like your writing sucks, doesn't mean it actually does. At least, not necessarily.

Now: back to the mud pit. (Or, in this case, the coal mine. The characters are coal miners. And, as usual, I'm having agony after agony trying to end the damn thing. Endings. I hate writing endings.)

3 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Chard said...

"What? Me? Drop a great heavy lump of coal on my foot? You must be out of your...OH!...."

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Ah, if only it were that simple....

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger DocGeek said...

Does anyone know where I could get the Beyond The Fringe routine where they did the "Drop a great heavy lump of coal on my foot?" routine???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home