1/16/2008

I am like Russell T. Davies!!

I'm listening to a stream of a BBC interview with Russell T. Davies of Doctor Who fame. He said he loves writing on into the wee hours of the morning, up until 5 a.m. "Of course, when you then have a meeting at 8 o'clock, it's not so good." (Note: the bare few minutes of the interview appear two hours into the show. The BBC player has an unobtrusive fast-forward button you can use to get past the first two hours, a strategy I enthusiastically recommend.)

My very, very favorite time to write is in the single-digit hours. Family life limits my flexibility to adopt that as a lifestyle, but when I can write through the dark until dawn (literally and metaphorically), I will. I did my best Clarion writing at 4 a.m.

If it's good enough for Mr. Davies, it's good enough for me. And if I am like him in this, can I therefore hope to resemble him in skill and success? (I wonder when the Great Master, Steven Moffatt, prefers to write....)

Late edition -- this just in: Dalek-based security on the Toronto subway system.

2 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Houston Dunleavy said...

The main diffrence between you and Russell is that you are far less camp - both in terms of writing style and personality. You are also far less Romantic. Russell has a big Hollywood aesthetic you don't seem to be interested in either

I'm not saying that you won't be successful, rather that there are enough differences to ensure that you will infd the niche and readership you deserve, IMHO. The current crop of Rusell T Davis scripts will spawn imitations, no doubt, thus clearing the field for you to continue in your quest for worl domination.

As far as the Daleks on the toronto subway is concerned, it is very clear to me that some graphic designers just don't think things through.

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had been drinking milk, I would have snorted it on the screen . That is way to much information about the Toronto subway system. : P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home