1/15/2008

The hardest thing about writing

Knowing that you're crap, that everything you write is crap, and that it always has been and always will be. But you have to keep writing anyway, you can't stop. For some reason, the only way you can go is to keep writing. Even though you're crap, and everything you write is crap.

Current side-effect: a complete emotional meltdown because I bought the wrong ink cartridge and I don't know if I can get my money back because I didn't notice it was the wrong one until I opened it and it wouldn't fit in the printer. We're talking sobs of despair and self-loathing. Not only am I crap and everything I write is crap, but would it have been such a challenge to take another nanosecond and make sure I had the right cartridge? Would it have killed me to do that?

8 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe in you :-) you are awesome.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thanks, mate -- you have no idea how much that helps.

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I can say anything but: I agree with Jasoni
M :-)

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

And thank you to you, Margaret. Your support has always made all the difference to me. I'm glad you're my kid!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Houston Dunleavy said...

I understand. All those days, even weeks and months go by and no-one of any real import takes any notice of you stuff, the comes the next rejection.

Sometimes even the skin of a rhino is not enough.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Hey. We don't talk to people like that in our house. Knock it off and be nice to Laura.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, Laura, are one of the bravest people I know! I believe in you!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thank you, whoever you are!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home