1/13/2008

The Gauntlet's middle finger starts to extend....

I have gotten many, many, many fewer words written this month than I planned. Uh...oh. That means next month is going to have to be NaNo-esque in order for me to meet the remaining two of my three Gauntlet II challenges. I can only hope I buckle down and write enough during what's left of January to make February not quite so stressful. On the other hand, I did some additional work: sent a story out, revised the first 50 pages of Mud and Glass, and wrote a synopsis for same. (Do you have any idea how hard it is to come up with a synopsis for a book that's only half written?) And that's in addition to finishing my first Gauntlet II goal (revising The Associates). I also decided what my 10-minute children's play will be about, more or less, which is some progress toward another Gauntlet II goal. I'm also doing okay on some of the fitness goals I've got (although, again, I have not yet been as consistently diligent as I want to be).

I love goal-setting. I accomplish so much more.

In other news, today I received another story rejection. But it was a personalized rejection, which I find heartening. They are paying me the respect of paying me some attention. If I were embarrassingly bad (as I perennially fear that I am), they wouldn't bother. Goes the theory.

3 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

I've heard that theory as well.

My personal favorite rejection as of late, was from an agent who gave me, "It's not you it's me."

He almost had me feeling sorry for him! He was that good.

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon you can do it!
Go! Go! Go!
WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops I meant my name is Margaret not magaret!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home