12/18/2007

Trying hard

A week to go on the Gauntlet challenge. I'm short of sleep today, because of the push to finish drafting the second story in the pre-dawn hours, so it's hard to make real progress on the third story. If I get more than two hundred words written tonight, it will be a miracle. (Much of the day, wherein I would usually be writing, was taken up with family logistics and a dental appointment.)

Still, I had a bit of a read of the third story so far, and I'm kind of liking the weirdness of it. I don't do weird very well, so this is yet another artistic stretch for me. I reckon the Gauntlet experiment can be considered successful solely because of this artistic stretching, even if I don't get all three written and polished this week. So, huzzah! Huzzah for the Gauntlet, and huzzah for the Gauntleteers!

In other news — no, there's no other news at the moment, except that I'm a bit woozy and should probably go to sleep soon, but the Christmas tree is lit up, and the beer is only half-finished, and I think I'll go check my email for the billionth time today.

2 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Houston Dunleavy said...

Weird is as weird does. Weird is so hard to judge. Weird is so scary to some people that they become theorists so they can handle it.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are truly one of ours, a steel-fisted Gauntleteer.

I know you will be that dark horse, powering around the outside of the field, streaking towards the finish line on Christmas Eve. This will definitely be a photo finish!

We definitely need to share our efforts, I'll set up the yahoo group soonish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home