12/13/2007

Zork is home!

The first draft of "Zork Goes Home" is done. (I may change the title, now that it's more clear what is actually happening in the story -- at least to me.) As predicted, it was about 6,000 words. I instantly turned right around and cut over a thousand. I'll now let it sit while I work on the other projects, then have another hack at it just after before* Christmas. Then I'll send it out, as the verification that it is ready to send out.

Hm. It took me two weeks to send Zork home. The other two stories had better go a tad faster, or the Gauntlet's finger will extend again. And I mean the rude finger (as Margaret used to say).

*I realized that the Gauntlet rules were to have the stories sendoutable by Christmas, not after. Yikes. It's going to be a busy two weeks.

2 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Houston Dunleavy said...

But if Aork has gone home, is he able to come back? Is Zork gone for good? and does his mother know?

Well done!

Another diadem in the short story crown.

xxxx

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Houston Dunleavy said...

Of course, I meant "Dork" - no! "Work" NO! "Zork" ;-)

(Gotta take that tpying course)

xxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home