12/08/2007

What I did today instead of writing

I read the weekend papers (the Sydney Morning Herald and the Australian).

I washed a lot of dishes.

I did some editing on a story.

I read friends' blogs.

I watched my daughter perform in the drama-school performance night. She did a very professional job, and helped hold things together when others dropped lines. She also has a nice voice and dances confidently. There may be other kids with a better voice or better dancing ability or even better acting ability, maybe, somewhere. But Margaret has the package, along with reliability, smarts, and professionalism. And that, I reckon, is what will get her gigs when the time comes.

Soon we will resume decorating the tree.

Tomorrow Margaret and I are heading into Sydney, partly for excursion's sake, and partly to finish our Christmas shopping. Houston will languish at home (although I think, after the year he's had, a bit of languishing sounds like a really good idea to him).

I may get some writing done tonight, and/or maybe tomorrow night. Or I may just decide to be reckless, and hope I catch up on things during the week next week....

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Ma!
I'm sure you can be reckless for a little while...
: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home