12/11/2007

Ah, well.

I didn't make the final cut for Short and Sweet. Still, getting short-listed is a fairly cool achievement. (Further than I got last year, at any rate.) I can't help thinking, though, that it would have been nice to get a play performed for the festival.

Either way, there are plenty of other opportunities in the world. As long as I keep generating product, and sending it out into the world, eventually it will accomplish the purpose for which I sent it. (Unless, of course, all my stuff is crap, in which case all the persistence in the world can only come to naught, and I only appear pathetic.)

3 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Houston Dunleavy said...

When you consider that just a few more than 300 plays were shortlisted out of 1500 submitted, being shortlised is no small achievement.

The world is full of good music and I shouldn't wonder. good plays, that never won a compostition.

h

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Helen V. said...

It is a let down but shortlisted is good. It means your work is quality. The rest all ends up being subjective with the judges' taste the final decider.

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Nope. Not pathetic. Not you.

Congrats on making the "short" list.

Hey, I resemble that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home