11/13/2007

Day Thirteen: 26,032

More than halfway there, with more than half the month left -- I just may pull this off. I hate the NaNo opus itself, with its rambling dialogue, extraneous characters and scenes, mop of dangling loose ends, and overall bloated, overwrought style. But at least I'm getting the words out. I am the Deadline Queen! (Years of writing and editing for a living have given me a very, very healthy respect for deadlines, something that makes my clients very happy. I only wish I had an agent and an editor, so it could make them happy, too. And my readers -- thousands and thousands of readers waiting for my next book -- I could make them happy, too -- if they existed.)

By the way, a couple of other Wrimos have dedicated their word counts to the striking writers as well. If any of you striking writers are out there Googling the strike and you happen to find this blog, know that there are writers all over the world who are thinking of you and pulling for you -- and thanking you. Stay strong....

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Helen V. said...

They exist - the editor, the agent and the readers. They just haven't met you yet.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thanks.... Encouragement is such a kind thing, and all too rare in our field. And I appreciate it....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home