11/11/2007

The Hollywood Writers' Strike

From the United Hollywood blog:


On Wednesday this man was holding his own, rather loud, protest. Then, he stopped shouting and asked what we picketers were protesting about. After hearing about the strike, he started a new chant: "Moses was a writer! Moses was a writer!"

The strike doesn't really affect me here in Australia. We don't watch that much television, and most of the American stuff we get is a few months behind anyway (which means I very well may feel the effects long after the strike is settled). But equity for writers is something I, obviously, feel strongly about.

There's a nice little video on YouTube that explains the writers' position.

I wonder what kind of strange symmetry puts the writers' strike in the middle of NaNoWriMo.... I hereby dedicate today's word count to the striking writers. Thanks, y'all, for fighting for all of us!

Update: Word count 3,605. Thanks again, striking writers. I support and appreciate your fight.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tell people I'm striking in sympathy, when really I'm just being lazy again :-) Good luck with your Nanowrimo

- Jasoni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home