11/06/2007

Day Six: 12,024

The bloom is off the rose. The NaNo novel is crap. I'm crap. Everything is crap. The weather is crap. And still I write. And write. And write. Still ahead of the recommended word-count schedule. Procrastinating by reading the NaNoWriMo forums, where other Wrimos have procrastinated before me. Procrastinating by blogging. I procrastinated earlier today by, God help me, doing dishes. And even with all that, I grunted and strained and produced 2,600 little brown words. To be entirely accurate (based on Word's word-counting algorithm and as a result of some edits I did to earlier work, in case you're playing at home by doing the math), 2,599. Just for spite, I will not go back and add one more word. Ha ha, Writing Demons! I foil you thus!

This is becoming a very surreal experience.

2 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Helen V. said...

Hang in there, Laura. I'm using you as my inspiration to get another chapter ready to go up for a crit and to finish a short story, both by next weekend. This is possible. We did it at Clarion South. Didn't we?

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thanks, mate. I'm still slogging. We slog together, as we did at Clarion!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home