11/05/2007

Day Five: 9,424

I'm still ahead of the required average daily word rate, although my lead has lessened. (Tonight was State Emergency Service night, which demands both time and energy, and yesterday I didn't write a word because I spent the day with my family doing fun family things.) Perhaps tomorrow I can build that lead back up again.

I got another rejection in the mail today. It really sapped my enthusiasm to keep going -- not just with NaNoWriMo, but with writing in general. I'm told this is fairly common, even amongst the Glittering Few, the Published. Odd thing: sometimes I can just shrug the rejections off. Other times, like today, they hit me quite hard.

And don't anybody dare to post a comment that says "Don't take it personally." *shriek* (I will spare those who visit here my rant about "taking it personally" or not "taking it personally", as I'm fairly sure it appeared in an earlier post somewhere. Just look for the dried spittle and strands of ripped-out hair.)

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take it personaly my love. There's no other way. It's worth it when oyu take the success personally too :-)

H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home