11/12/2008

Librarians have hidden depths.

I have been a lifelong library aficionada. My motto is, "Libraries will get you through a time of no money better than money will get you through a time of no libraries." (And I've been in a position to know.) My first jobs were library jobs. I have a bachelor's and a master's degree, both of which required generous amounts of time in libraries. I'm a writer now, which also requires time in libraries. But most of all, I'm a librarian's child, which means I get the inside scoop on the strange, complicated, whimsical, frustrating, fascinating world of libraries and librarians.

And so, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the remarkable concept of...the Book Cart Drill Team!



Note: there are tons more; just go to You Tube and search on "book cart drill team."

And, as a bonus exercise in juxtaposition, I offer this quote from David Mamet's book Three Uses of the Knife: "I used to say that a good writer throws out the stuff that everybody else keeps. But an even better test occurs to me: perhaps a good writer keeps the stuff everybody else throws out."

3 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Wow.
(word verification: lubclest)

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

OMG! So funny. I am all for anything that is done for the sheer silliness of it. And I love your motto.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Helen V. said...

Oh why didn't I think of that when I was a high school librarian. It might even have distracted the obscene book graffiti artists. Well maybe not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home