11/10/2008

Looking back on our last day in the States (this visit).

Margaret and I are back in Australia. It's a beautiful day, not quite summer but as good as. Margaret insisted on going to school today, our first full day back, so I'm here on my own. I've spent the morning catching up on things (like making sure the enormous pile of snailmail didn't contain any nasty surprises), running errands (like buying toilet paper, which really has to be done right away once the last roll runs out), unpacking, etc. etc. I did manage a brief stop at the beach, where a walk did somewhat to console me for missing my family and friends and native land.

Our last day in the States (for this visit, at any rate — I remain sanguine that other visits will occur in time) was spent in San Francisco with some very good friends. They took us to the Cable Car Museum, a glorious manifestation of the steampunk aesthetic that I'd been yearning to visit, and the California Academy of Sciences, which is not nearly as famous as it deserves to be, although I guess that's just as well, since it was packed, even on a weekday.

I close this travelogue portion of my blog (although not the blog itself, I'm very flattered that you were concerned, thank you) and leave you with some photos of its final day, as I return to work on this year's NaNo opus.

The San Francisco Cable Car Museum






The California Academy of Sciences





4 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Helen V. said...

Good to have you back although your travels have been fascinating and what lovely photos.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thank you on all counts!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Karl Henning said...

Those "Election Day" frogs!

Beautiful pictures!

Cheers,
~Karl

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home