3/23/2008

Easter dinner — a celebration!

I made a sumtpuous feast for Easter dinner: an enormous hunk of heavily peppered roast beef (with the accompanying heavily peppered gravy), steamed asparagus, mushrooms fried in butter and cinnamon (surprisingly good), ricotta and roast-garlic mashed potatoes, and my famous roast sweet potatoes with red pepper/capsicum, pecans, honey, and pepperoni. Houston opened a nice bottle of wine. Chocolate for dessert.

We were celebrating not only Easter (a joyous holiday in itself!), but the fact that this evening I got word that my story "I'm Too Loud" will be published in AntipodeanSF in July. You read it here first: my very first speculative-fiction publication. It made it a bit hard to actually sit still and eat the sumptuous Easter feast. (Although that didn't stop me, really, in the end.)

6 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger Rod said...

Your Easter dinner sounds amazing and such great news to top it off. Congratulations! I'll be looking forward to reading your story in July.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

It's a flash piece (450 words), so it won't take you long! I wrote it in the middle of Clarion South, because I wanted to have a piece to read at Avid Reader bookstore, which had kindly agreed to host weekly readings by each week's tutor, with us students reading stuff as the warm-up act. It got a good reception, and I've always rather liked it. Good to get confirmation that I can trust my own opinion now and again!!!!!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so proud of you! well done laura.

I was almost in the same TOC as you, but I got a story in the issue after yours! squeeee! clarionites take over the world.

I LOVE antipodean SF. I had the good fortune of getting my hands on the one anthology that Ion put out a few years ago. Each story is 1-2 pages max.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats, Laura.

One of these days, you, Jasoni and I are going to have to coordinate our flash submissions and see if we can actually sneak three stories into the same issue. Jasoni always seems to miss sharing the TOC with other Clarion Southers by one issue.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

But if we spread our control judiciously, global domination will be ours! The Triumvirate of Terror!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Congrats!!!

And would it be rude to invite myself over for dinner?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home