3/12/2008

Grrr, grrr!

Fists clenched. Teeth gritted. Eyeballs glaring. Aggressive noises that suggest savage determination.

For tomorrow I will undertake to finish the last chapter of Mud and Glass, also known as The Novel That Would Not Accept Its Destiny. Its destiny is to be written by me, and finished by me, and by God it's going to accept its destiny if I have to ram said destiny down its electronic throat.

It means I will need to write about 4,000 words during the course of a very busy day, so I may not get it entirely done. But at least I can get it so close to done that the rest is just a formality.

The fists, by the way, are of steel. The glaring eyeballs are those of the tiger.

The writer now goes to sleep on the eve of battle.

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO IT!!!

Make that novel REGRET crossing you. You will smack it into submission, and it will limp, crying and whimpering, towards these two words:

"THE END"

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Helen V. said...

So that's the problem! I've been being too nice to my recalcitrant novel. It too will be taught its lesson. Today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home