2/29/2008

Gauntlet II sitrep

Alas. It's quarter to nine on the last night of the Gauntlet II challenge. I have not met it. For one of the very few times in my life, I have not made a deadline. It's somewhat demoralizing. However, I did manage to write 47,000 words on Mud and Glass, which is a lot for two months, really. So I console myself that I wasn't just goofing around. I also really did accomplish one of the Gauntlet II goals (revising The Associates). And I did make a start on the third goal (writing the young-adult play). The goal was useful in prodding me to get Mud and Glass almost as good as finished. So that's okay. I guess. I still feel bad, though, because I hate hate hate missing deadlines. I'm the Deadline Queen! How could I miss a deadline?

I must expiate my sins by completing the goals as soon as possible. Then, if no-one beats me to it, I will propose another Gauntlet challenge.

Unless the situation changes significantly, no further sitreps will be issued for this event.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Submit a story. I've often found that it mitagates a variety of deadline sponsored ills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home