2/19/2008

Yay!

I'm very happy indeed that the blog Why We Write will continue even though the writers' strike is over. But reading these fabulous essays week after week demands that I ask why I write. And I don't have an answer. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Why, indeed, do I write? Presumably because I think I have something to say. Because I've gotten praise for my writing from people I look up to. Because it's something I do, if not with ease, at least with a feeling that this is natural and right for me to do. Because I want to give people the fun, the opportunity to think, the refuge from a lonely childhood, the inspiration to an adventurous life, that reading gave me.

I'm hoping those are reasons enough, and that I have the skill to sustain them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home