12/26/2007

Gauntlet II — why not play at home?

The instant the Gauntlet challenge was over, I needed more deadlines. I don't work very well without deadlines. I don't even care if they're essentially meaningless deadlines (like NaNoWriMo), I just need deadlines to focus my wandering attention. So I hereby announce Gauntlet II, and you can play, too, if you want! Here are the rules:
  1. Pick three writing projects of any kind, any size, any genre, and any medium, currently started or unstarted, or languishing at any point in the creative pipeline.

  2. Finish the projects by February 29, 2008. "Finish" means you, personally, can't see any other ways to tinker with them at all. They're as good as you can make them without outside feedback and/or letting them ripen on your hard drive for five or six months. (Note: if your goal is "finish the first draft of a novel", then finishing the first draft, even if it's still way tinkerable, does count as meeting the goal.)
My goals are to do the revisions on my first novel, The Associates; to complete the first draft of my NaNo opus Mud and Glass; and to write the script for a 10-minute play for children, which I will be entering in a competition.

Why don't you play, too? Go ahead and post your goals as a comment here, if you want a public record, or just play your cards close to your chest. The Gauntlet does not care. The Gauntlet waits for you to approach....

1 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Helen V. said...

You certainly know how to pile the pressure on. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home