9/06/2007

Chicken soup for the cold.

My husband has a nasty upper-respiratory-tract infection at the moment, so I made him some medicinal chicken soup. Now, people will tell you, oh, you must make chicken stock this way, or oh, you must make it that way. Baloney. Put a chicken carcass or two in the pot (you may, as I did, have them stashed in the freezer from the last time you procured a store-bought roasted chicken) along with onions, ginger, garlic, whatever. Boil it up for a while. Serve it to someone you love.

That's it.

It really cheeses me off when people make up rules that don't need to exist, for the purpose (it appears) of being able to feel smug and feel like I'm Right And Everyone Else Is Ignorant. Okay, sure, this may actually be a pleasant feeling. But that doesn't make it good for you. Or, might I add, for the people around you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home