8/23/2007

The auditions -- interesting experience.

The auditions for "The Salad of Success" last night were extraordinarily informal -- more like negotiations. We writers each pitched our plays, and the actors who were there let the directors know what parts they were interested in. I sort of wasn't expecting that exact format, and did not have a copy of the script with me. Luckily, the producers had copies.

It's very much a work in progress. Some of the people who wanted parts in "Salad" are experienced amateur actors; some are complete newbies. The director himself has done some acting, but this is the first show he's directed. I confess the casual nature of all this has me a little unnerved.

Still, I was very flattered, because quite a few actors actually came up to me and asked about the roles in my play, and I got a lot of positive feedback about the script, including from the two co-producers. Which is always nice. I'm hoping it all comes good on the night, but it's good experience even if it doesn't. I guess.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Chard said...

I think "experience" is much like "publicity" in one regard. They say there is no "bad" publicity.

Which is not to say I've never had a bad experience, but all experience is valuable in some regard, I guess. At least, assuming you learn something from it.

Or maybe I'm on vacation, and nothing I write should be taken seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home