2/11/2007

In the zone

Last night (or rather, this morning), I was in the zone. By 4:30 I'd written over 2,500 words on a story that I'm really enjoying. I have a suspicion it's my best work yet (although I guess we'll see what happens in the crit pit on Tuesday).

What an amazing (and rare) feeling, when the words come out with clarity, precision, and abundance!

Many of us, by the way, are becoming freakishly nocturnal.

My voice is still shot from karaoke on Friday night.

There is less than a week of Clarion to go. It will be very, very painful to say goodbye to the chance to focus on writing, to the solitude, to the near-total freedom to determine my schedule (see "becoming nocturnal", above) -- and, above all, to my writing buddies. I can't really afford to think about that aspect at the moment, although I sense I'm already starting to say goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home