1/16/2009

Things I'm happy about.

  • My daughter Margaret. Always top of the list. Any list.

  • I'm working on a new play (although progress is slow at the moment).

  • Today it is not over a hundred/over 39 degrees out.

  • When I need my friends, they do not let me down.

  • The Coroner's Lunch, by Colin Cotterill, is a really fun mystery, largely because the characters are fabulous. (It's also a fascinating portrayal of living day to day under a Communist regime, something I had a chance to observe first-hand, albeit briefly, in 1980s Soviet Russia.)

  • I can type really fast. (So if I ever actually start actually coming up with the words really fast, I'll be all set.)

  • The giants of Flanders. I'm obsessed. They rock.

  • A jar of Tiger-Balm-esque liniment I got in Thailand. I can't read the label, so I have no idea what's in it, but it smells fantastic (even better than Tiger Balm) and it actually works — without making rust-colored grease spots on things!

  • Fountain pens.

  • I won two free tickets to see a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream up in Sydney — I'm taking the aforementioned Margaret!
That's a start.

3 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Satima Flavell said...

Wow - those giants are amazing! How do the performers manage them? Even made of the lightest materials they must be quite heavy, and certainly awkward to manoeuvre. I missed your last post with the vid so I just checked it out - amazing.

Mind you, a well done production of The Dream will be just as good. Lucky you, lucky Margaret.

There's always something to find joy in, isn't there, even if it's only a little thing. And lots of little things add up, and help us keep going through life's difficulties, thank heavens.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Way to go Laura!

Focusing on things to appreciate is always a great idea.

You rock!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Karl Henning said...

Taking Margaret to see A Midsummer Night's Dream! Splendid!

The eye of man hath not heard, the ear of man hath not seen, man's hand is not able to taste, his tongue to conceive, nor his heart to report, what my dream was. I will get Peter Quince to write a ballad of this dream: it shall be called Bottom's Dream, because it hath no bottom . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home