12/30/2008

Five minutes of fame!

My five-minute radio play "Hold" will be broadcast on ABC Local* nationwide on Friday morning — right now they're telling me they're planning on 9:30 a.m. Sydney time (5:30 p.m. Thursday New York time). You can listen on your local ABC, or for those not so privileged, you can listen online at http://www.abc.net.au/local/internet_radio/ (probably should pick the Sydney frequency, 702). Apparently I'll be doing a piece to air (aka interview) either before or after the broadcast, so if that interests you, tune in a little early.

Houston happened to hear the call for scripts, and urged me to tune in and get the details. So I did. And I wrote. And I sent. And I won! (I have no idea how many scripts they got; I should have asked Nat, the nice person from the ABC who phoned me with the news.)

Here's hoping this is a good omen for the year to come!!!

*That's the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

5 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Chard said...

Will it perhaps be archived online for those of us who will be driving in a car that does not pick up that ABC at the appointed hour?

One hopes it will be streamable later on....

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Hm. That's another thing I'll have to ask. Along with, do I get a disk with the file on it?

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Satima Flavell said...

I hope it will be archived, too, in case I can't get it online. Be sure to let us know! And congratulations:-)

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Karl Henning said...

Splendid!

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Karl Henning said...

Congrats (again) . . . it's official that I will be trundling down the road on a Greyhound bus at showtime, so I will join in hope of streamable afters!

Cheers,
~Karl

PS/ word verification: connk, shellfish from Hartford

 

Post a Comment

<< Home