1/02/2009

National broadcast of my little play

The ABC did a very creditable job with my radio play, which was broadcast this morning. Sadly, it will not be available for streaming, but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a copy of the broadcast emailed to me.

It's a pretty creepy feeling, waiting for a performance of one's own work to begin. Very nerve-wracking, very intense. One feels powerless, and yet exhilarated at the fact that other people have agreed to speak these words.

The play went out nationally, which was pretty cool. I haven't done a national radio grab since I left SES State Headquarters. I confess: I quite like fame.

(Oh, yeah — turns out they got about 30 scripts, and quite a strong field at that. I feel very proud that my play was selected.)

2 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger Satima Flavell said...

I didn't get to hear it Laura - drat! But if you, the author, was pleased with the result, it must've been pretty good:-) Congrats again!

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Congratulations!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home