6/30/2007

For the writer, as I've noted before, nothing is wasted.

I spent the best part of two years editing documents for a coal-mining company. As it happens, the opportunity has arisen to write a coal-mining story (or, more accurately, a story in which coal mining plays a big part). I've been checking various things in the story with a miner buddy, and he verifies that the plot points I need are plausible. It was quite exciting to find out I can have a bit of faith in my own ability to learn and figure things out, and then to take that next leap and make a story out of them. Yee-hah!

On unrelated matters, the third season of Doctor Who just premiered in Australia, and I can only say Martha Jones so, so ROCKS!!!; and I have a nasty head cold. Can't win 'em all.

4 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Helen V. said...

Love Martha, too. Thank goodness the shouting Donna didn't accept a ride in the Tardis. Tee hee. The spellchecker doesn't know what a Tardis is. How ridiculous.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Yeah, well, I thought the Doctor was completely mad for offering her a lift to begin with. He seems to have a weakness for rather dim, highly emotional companions. Interesting to see how things work out with the rather smart, highly self-possessed Martha.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Helen V. said...

The Doctor does seem a little desperate for a replacement for Rose. But then he is the last Time Lord and it must get a bit lonely.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

I've been on dates like that. Ew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home