5/26/2007

Well. Ask, and you shall receive, it seems!

Just as I got done whining about how I wouldn't mind an acceptance, an email came through that my story "The Salvation of the Ooze" has been awarded first place in the Conflux short-story competition. (A very early draft of the first few hundred words appeared on this blog some time ago -- July 27, 2006, to be precise, but I can't figure out right now how to link right to it, because I'm too squeally. It's there in the July 2006 archive, though.)

Squeeeeee!

9 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm so proud of you. Well done!

Love

h

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, please make sure your niece J knows you won......

Love

h

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOMMY WINS!!!!!!!!
YAY MOMMY!!!!
love
m : )

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! We were talking with Houston when the message reached Australia!

T

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thanks!!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Chard said...

What Houston said (the first one...I don't even know your niece)!

--Chard

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

When my niece read the first draft of the first couple hundred words, she...wasn't very complimentary. I feel slightly smug. (I did mention to her that I'd won the contest, and she said, "I guess that means I don't know much." I had to bite my tongue, because really she's a good kid and it would have been mean to point out the obvious. Everyone at 17 is shocked to realize they don't know much, after all.)

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on ya, mate!!!!!!!!!

And greeting from Tucson were it’s 100 degrees.

Do come west next American visit!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thanks, buddy!! Yes, we'll visit next time if we possibly can. (And, of course, you're always welcome back here!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home