8/25/2006

I've just tested for green belt.

Another belt test. I've got my green belt from my new school (as in, Margaret and I have been training there since late January). I don't feel particularly elated, unfortunately. It's complicated: I really, really, really miss my DC school (not to mention my family and friends, and all the things about my home country that I enjoy). And I really miss being good at karate. And I'm really dissatisfied with how slowly my skills are coming back. (At least they are coming back, I suppose.) Also, I feel like I don't have a proper grounding in the techniques of this new school, because I've whizzed through the beginner ranks at a speed I consider to have been rashly fast. So this test is just one big metaphor for all my inner demons. (Or Inner Muggers, if you prefer.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home