8/10/2006

Latest on the play

Had a meeting with the director/producer this afternoon. I was consumed with trepidation, but all is well -- the kids are really enjoying the play, and they're increasing their own acting skills by workshopping it and giving me their feedback. (Which, of course, was part of the point.) I am desperately relieved that the things they identify as not working are actually quite fixable (rather than along the lines of "Would you consider scrapping Act I entirely and rewriting it?").

I'm enjoying playwriting far more than I thought I would -- in its way, it's more fun than working on the novel or writing poetry. I'm pretty sure this will not be my last play.... (Alas, though, the producers of Doctor Who are not accepting scripts from the slush pile.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home