12/27/2009

Something I never would have expected in my whole life.

There is a fencing-supplies company in the UK called Duellist. Strange: in their "media" section they had all this information on Iron Maiden — no, not the torture device, the band. I read more closely, and this is what I found:
The Duellist story began on the 25th of July 1988 in Chiswick, London. The company was founded by Bruce Dickinson, multi-millionaire and lead singer of the rock group "Iron Maiden". Bruce was a competitive International fencer who travelled round the globe. Slinging his guitar on one shoulder and throwing his fencing bag over the other, he fenced in more salles than arguably anyone else. Bruce quickly realised that his beloved sport was screaming for him.
Yes. Yes, indeed. I love this sport!!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Flinthart said...

That's... highly unexpected. And you're a fencer! This I did not know. I study Iaido, which is almost as useful in the modern world

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Laura,

As a long term fan of Eddy (I.M's trademark zombie), I was a tad distressed to learn that Bruce had packed up his microphone and picked up his epees. Mind you, once you've earned the $ you can do what you like... can't blame him! I have heard the boys are making a comeback.

"You died as you lived in a flash of a blade..."

Cheers,

Gb

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger fullsoulahead.com said...

Very cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home