10/03/2009

At Conflux

Margaret and I are in the thick of Conflux. I'm listening to panel discussions and presentations, hanging out with friends, meeting new people, and basically having a great time. Last night they showed some Mystery Science Theatre 3000; it was Margaret's first MST3K and many laughs were had by both of us. Tonight is the big banquet, at which I have been promised wonderful cooking from the American South (I think I can smell it cooking even now). Tomorrow I'm on a panel, which is pretty cool — both the fact that I'm on one after so many years of enjoying so many panels at cons, and the topic of the panel: emergency management in the face of disasters like the imminent zombie apocalypse (deny it if you will, but nothing will be gained by hiding your head in the hand when they're gnawing at your backside).

Best of all, for the first time in over a year, I'm getting excited about writing again.

3 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Colleen said...

*whimpers enviously*

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Love how you and Margaret are so connected. Love how you are excited about writing!

I still choose to stay in denial about the zombie apocalypse.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Oh, Michelle.... *shakes head*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home