9/29/2009

Young writers are absolutely the best.

The drafts are coming in from the high-school creative-writing class I'm working with at the moment. All are interesting, some are unbelievably good. I'll be steering some of these kids toward applying for Clarion South once they turn 18. And toward sending stuff off to Writers of the Future. And attending Conflux and Worldcon. (Although, believe me, I am keenly aware that some of these things are at the more expensive end of the shopping mall.)

Are there any opportunities you would particularly recommend to a teenage writer to help them increase their writerly wisdom and hone their craft? Leave a comment here and I will pass them on to my brave young writers.

1 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger fullsoulahead.com said...

There is a group on SheWrites.com for young female writers, I think it is called Girls Write Now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home