8/30/2009

More Shakespeare

I recommend you go to the McSweeney's Internet Tendency web site and scroll down to read Hamlet: Facebook News Feed Edition (by Sarah Schmelling). To entice you, a sample:
Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, and Hamlet are now friends.

Hamlet wonders if he should continue to exist. Or not.

Hamlet thinks Ophelia might be happier in a convent.

Ophelia removed "moody princes" from her interests.

Hamlet posted an event: A Play That's Totally Fictional and In No Way About My Family

(I'm assuming this quotation falls under fair use and I'm not violating copyright. If I'm wrong, please, Ms. Schmelling or the folks at McSweeney's, let me know and I will delete this blog post instantly.)

And — many thanks to Cathy for the heads-up!

4 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Satima Flavell said...

Have you read the Austen book one? Also v. funny:
http://www.much-ado.net/austenbook/

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Alas, I would have found it funnier had I yet been able to make it through one of those 19th-century novels that are regarded as pinnacles of the field and yet in which I cannot compel myself to be interested. I think I have some sort of genetic anomaly or other.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Satima Flavell said...

Heh heh - never mind, just watch the movie:-) Or better yet, the BBC series.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Helen V. said...

Oh dear there goes my day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home