3/08/2009

STFU, Strindberg, and Heeeeeeeelium

Okay, first link is a blog post by my new favorite superhero, Beth Wodzinski, wherein she urges everyone to STFU (an abbreviation with which I had somehow never become familiar before; I don't get out much) and do it. (Warning: contains swears.) (Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention: I found this via Angela Slatter's blog.)


Next is the link I found on my friend Jason's blog, which has had Margaret and me cackling and squealing like mad things for days: Strindberg and Helium.

Finally, a message sent out there to Elizabeth, wherever you are: seeing you at karate was always one of the highlights of my week, and your joy, generosity of spirit, and eagerness to love and be loved made you my role model. I will always remember you and always try to be true to what you taught me, and to live up to your amazing example. I'm glad I had you in my life, however briefly. And I'm glad I never made a secret of how much I admired you.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 AM, Blogger Jean Prouvaire said...

I ran into Strindberg + Helium when researching my Miss Julie adaptation and loved it too. (They're a page 1 google result on "Strindberg".) One's so dark and the other's so utterly not!

I also liked this (but then, I'm into musicals):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDOwrXuxbns

Given what a screwed up genius the guy was was I'm actually surprised his life hasn't inspired more creative madness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home