3/05/2009

Ah, fame is good.

Today I went into the lovably rustic studios of VOX-FM, the community radio station here in Wollongong. I was joined by the impressively well-published author and all-around nice guy Richard Harland (who, incidentally, has made it public knowledge that he has a new book, World-Shaker, coming out in May — I'm told it's a YA fantasy novel full of cool). We were there to be interviewed by arts impresario and station manager Steen regarding the launch later this month of the Masques anthology by the Canberra Science Fiction Guild.

We chatted amiably about speculative fiction as a genre, about the specifics of the anthology and our stories, and about the fact that while Wollongong only has about one percent of the population of Australia, the anthology's table of contents boasts a whopping 10 percent Wollongong content (between Richard, Cat Sparks, and me, Wollongong fully rocks this antho).

My, how I love radio, and being interviewed! I can't wait to get way famous and do interviews all day! (For those of you who are actually wondering, no, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm told there's a stereotype out there somewhere that writers are monastic and reclusive and shy. I do happen to be somewhat reclusive, but when that microphone is on, man, don't get in between.)

3 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Satima Flavell said...

Not all day, every day because you wouldn't have time to write:-) How about 2 interviews per day; one for breakfast and one for lunch?

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Not enough! Never enough! Fame fame fame! NOM NOM NOM!

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home