8/12/2008

Geek sports

How come the Olympics coverage has so little of the sports I love: archery, martial arts, equestrian, fencing? Apparently SBS did show some archery, but I missed it because I was at State Emergency Service training. At the moment, at least, I get to watch kayak slalom, so that's okay.

I have a head cold, which limits my own participation in sports to observation only at the moment. It also makes it a little hard to focus on writing. Plus, Houston is out of town this week doing Composer Things, so there is lots and lots and lots to do around the house and around town: tires for the car, taking Margaret and her saxophone and her cupcakes for the bake sale into school, returning the car seat and crib rented and borrowed (respectively) for our recent visitors, grocery shopping, etc. etc. How come a house where there are two people requires more running around to manage than a house where there are three people? At least as many dishes to do, for example. Nearly as much laundry. The same amount of cooking. The lawn still needs to be mowed.

I must compel myself to let some of these things go so that I may get some writing done. Those zombies won't write about themselves, you know!

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Your last line. So funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home