8/03/2008

A writing day

You'd think, wouldn't you, that I'd have a writing day every day. But no, it doesn't work out like that as often as it should. Part of that is the ease with which I let myself get distracted, part of it is the many obligations I've taken on over the years, which I'm conscientiously (albeit slowly) cutting back on. Be that as it may, today I was pretty much confined to the house all day, because my husband needed the car for his own work (artistry knows no weekends). (I'd like to be able to say, "I didn't even make it to church today," but because I seldom make it to church these days, that would be a despicable bit of posturing.)

Anyway, so: I spent a lot of time revising another big chunk of Mud and Glass, and I looked in at intervals on the Conflux Virtual Mini-Con (you can go there anytime you like and read the messages, as far as I know, and there are some interesting guests and insights). I'm sick to the back teeth of Mud and Glass, and the Virtual Mini-Con is nearly over, so while I'm waiting for Doctor Who to come on, I'll maybe work a little on a new piece: a zombie story. I never thought I'd write a zombie story, but anything that stretches my own perceptions of what I can do as a writer has got to be a valuable exercise.

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Helen V. said...

That's the sort of day I had planned. Husband at work, whole day to myself - then two lots of unexpected visitors arrived in succession and I love them all dearly but that was the
end of the 'writing day'.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Rats!! Is it time to start camping out in a nearby coffee shop or library?

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Helen V. said...

Now that's a good idea - especially as I now have my natty little Asus Eee so I wouldn't have to lug my heavy lap top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home