3/21/2007

Refreshing change? Or lack of self-discipline?

Last night I treated myself: instead of revising a Clarion story or working on the novel, I started a new story (I'm trying my hand at YA). Is this a beneficial change of pace that will ultimately boost my productivity and attitude? Or is it a distressing sign that I lack what it takes to follow through and complete projects?

In other news, I've sent "Foul Play in Dapto" and "The Salad of Success" out to a (very busy and highly regarded) theatre company in the Sydney area. They are, strictly speaking, amateur, but their shows run for seven or eight weeks each, and always to packed houses. It would be fun just to volunteer with them, actually, whether or not they ever produce something of mine. I'd like to know more about theatre, as I'm sure it would make me a better playwright. Plus, as I've mentioned before, nothing a writer learns or experiences is ever wasted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home