6/28/2009

Know any uni students who would like some tips in research and writing?

I've posted several articles of my own devising on my editing web site, www.lauragoodin.com/editing (the link to the articles is near the bottom of the page). They are designed to give relative beginners at scholarly research and writing a few starter tips. I've run them past a university professor of my acquaintance who has suffered for years at the hands of good-hearted but woefully unprepared undergrads, and he reckons they (the articles, that is) can be useful for someone wanting to raise the level of their writing.

I'll be adding more articles over the next few months, so if you have any ideas for topics that might help you or your students, please feel free to suggest them! Also, I'd appreciate your sharing the link to the articles to anyone you know who might benefit from them.

3 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Elen said...

Dear Laura
Thank you for this link! I will most certainly refer my students to your articles. So tired of reading poorly researched, badly written and inadequately referenced papers! I have tried to give guidance but maybe if they read it on the internet they will believe it!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Helen V. said...

What a great idea.

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Colleen said...

I just went & read the articles. The first two are also good for fiction, so points taken! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home