5/29/2009

Teeeeeeeeeny Tiiiiiiiiiiiny Win!

My one-minute play "Three Feet from Doom" has been accepted for performance in the Gone in 60 Seconds international play festival (Twitter page here, Facebook page here). I gather there were in the neighborhood of 500 plays submitted, from which they chose 50 for performance in England, and 50 for performance in New York.

The performance of my play is in Yorkshire on June 5, an onerous commute for nearly the entire population of the world. But if you're reading this, you have Internet, and will therefore no doubt be gaspingly relieved to know that they'll be posting videos of the plays on YouTube and on their own site. Have no fear; I will of course post a link here as well.

(They didn't accept my submission last year, a pirate-ninja-zombie-vampire romp, but for some reason this year's alien-invasion piece was just the thing. Go figure. I would have gone with the pirate-ninja-zombie-vampire thing ANY day, myself. Moral of the story: you just never know what someone's going to like.)

Fame, even one minute at a time, is sweet!

3 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Margaret said...

There is no such thing as a teeeeeeny tiiiiiiiny win!!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

"Gaspingly relieved!"

I am. How did you know?

Seriously though. Congrats!!!

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's fantastic. I'll be looking out for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home