2/21/2009

If you ever have the urge to give me flowers...

...this is the sort I would like, please.

Why? Well, as the writer points out, they're reusable, and therefore more environmentally sound. Moreover, duct tape (yes, duct tape) has a deep symbolic value for me. Back when I was teaching with DC IMPACT, we used duct tape for everything: communication, armor repairs, haberdashery and tailoring, first aid, jewelry and other fashion statements, structural reinforcement, workplace safety measures, artistic expression, toy construction, everything. Plus, my first car (a 1976 Toyota Celica the loss of which I grieve to this day) was not only the exact color of duct tape, it was actually held together by duct tape.

Duct tape: good. Flowers: good. Duct-tape flowers: good2.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Satima Flavell said...

Duct tape is good stuff but it's never occurred to me that it could be used to make flowers!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Helen V. said...

I'm not letting my husband see this. He's convinced that duct tape can be used for pretty much anything and your list would only confirm this belief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home