11/25/2008

NaNo update: strange days.

I've been deliberately keeping the NaNo updates to a very low level this year (after all, you've already seen me drag myself through it once; can another year be very much different? That's why they invented blog archives). But there are two interesting phenomena in this year's Week Four. First, suddenly the words are cascading out, which for me is a very unusual feeling. I don't know how long it's going to last, but I'm making hay while the sun shines. Second, the closer I get to finishing, the more terrified I get that I'm not going to finish. Something will happen. I'll get sick, or hit by a bus, or something, and I won't be able to finish. And I'm so close. I wonder if I can write the remaining 7,000 words (or so) tomorrow, and take all the suspense out of things.

In other news, don't forget: I have unilaterally declared December 2008 to be International Sendout Month. Join me! Send those pieces out in the world to seek their fortune! Why should they live in your basement, eating your Doritos and running up your water bill? Time for them to grow up and look for a place of their own!

3 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine have moved past the Dortitos and have moved on to the Reeses! NOT COOL.

(Sorry to do this again, but this one is also amazing: Word verification- nalmarth)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Chard said...

I see by your trophy that you crossed the finish line. Bravo!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home