6/18/2008

As our 14th anniversary draws to a close....

We didn't make a big deal out of our anniversary this year. We're planning overseas travel later in the year, for one thing, which precludes any serious extravagance beforehand. Moreover, things are very hectic in general: Houston's in the middle of grading papers at semester's end; Margaret's got rehearsals, performances, tons of schoolwork, tons of activities, tons of pressure; and me, I don't feel the need for a change of scene or a wild party, particularly as I'm still a bit emotionally raw after the intensity of "Real Shakespeare" (that's the play we did for 24-hour theatre). Although I did go so far as to make a nice apple crumble tonight for dessert. So a quiet anniversary once in a while is perfectly okay.

But I do want to spend its last moments writing about how much I love my husband, how much he impresses me and has from the very first, how he has shown himself again and again to be loving, kind, brave, good, supportive, brilliant, determined, compassionate, and fun. Fourteen years is not nearly long enough to be married to such a man as this.

I love you, Houston! Here's to the beginning of another whirlwind year of adventure!

3 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Mom!
M
ps. the word verification thingy on this was wstibfi. hehe.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

How sweet!

So good to read about good marriages, and good men.

Happy Anniversary!!!

P.S. Houston's one lucky camper too.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger ntycer said...

...and what were you doing in New Jersey 14 years ago? Hmm, reciting The Tao of Pooh, amongst others, if memory serves me right.

Congratulations to two of the most splederific people I know, out-splenderificated only by Margaret.

And my verification word was "plijaom". Take that for what it's worth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home