4/21/2008

Accretion

I'm a bit discouraged at the moment. I'm waiting to hear back from quite a few markets and competitions, which is making me very edgy and uncertain indeed. I'm at another low point in my oscillating confidence in the various projects I'm working on (currently the biggest source of doubt is The Death of Albatross, about which I'm second-guessing myself dreadfully, even though that's against the Script Frenzy rules). One of the clients I've been counting on to help cover incidental expenses has decided they can insource the tasks they had previously outsourced to me, so I'm anxious about making up the shortfall somehow, while still preserving my writing time.

I have had a sort of motto, guideline, inner monologue for many years now: "What have you done today to advance your dream?" I've actually gone through a few dreams over the years about which I've asked that question, but it remains valid. So today I'm focusing on making sure I'm doing at least something to advance my writing dream. Every day. Drip, drip, drip. It adds up. Doesn't it?

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must I remind you YET AGAIN how to eat an elephant?
M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home