5/16/2010

Proud-mom moment

I crave your indulgence for but a brief time as I tell you that my brilliantly talented child Margaret has just won a writing competition in the Wollongong City Gallery's Just Imagine program. For each age group there was a choice of a few artworks they looked at and then wrote a story based on what the artwork triggered for them. A winner and a few highly-commendeds were chosen from amongst the stories written for each artwork. Margaret wrote based on a Brett Whitely work, Still Life with Shell. I'm not sure if they're going to post the winning stories, but I happen to agree with the judges that she wrote a very fine little piece.

Thank you. Normal programming will now resume.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Houston Dunleavy said...

And today the story was featured in the centre spread of the Illawarra Mercury! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home