4/23/2010

Oh, well.

It has become clear to me that winning Script Frenzy this year is just not feasible. Not only do I only have nine pages with only a week to go to reach 100, but that week, like the rest of April, is booked solid with other writing projects that have enormous importance to me.

This is the first time in three NaNoWriMos and three Script Frenzies that I won't have won. I'm a little wistful about it, but it had to happen sometime.

However, in other news, I'm teaching another workshop for young writers, writing a hugely elaborate grant application that will in all likelihood come to nothing (but I'll have an outline for a radio play out of it, even if I don't get the grant, so that's okay), editing story recordings for my spec-fic podcast, working on a bunch of pieces of my own, and doing some research into the nature of genre fiction (for my own nefarious purposes). It's a busy time.

So, Script Frenzy, this is officially it for 2010. See you next year.

3 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Cass said...

Aww. That's too bad - but hell, if it just isn't happening for you because you've got too many other awesome writing projects on the go? I'd say you're coming out ahead of the game.

It's gonna be a helluva race for me, since I'm currently sitting at only 21 pages - but I've had these scripts in my head for long enough that a sprint is worth it to get 'em out. And I don't have anything else going on, unlike SOME people. ;-)

Good luck with your other projects! Please continue kicking ass and taking names!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Best wishes to you, Cass! Write, write!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Houston Dunleavy said...

I think Cass has a very good point :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home