3/08/2010

The capacity of human beings for enthusiasm always makes me gasp in wonder.

Me, I'm not much on gaming. I get bored and fidgety, and (to be blunt) I'd rather be out having real adventures. But even I can appreciate the amazingness of this custom-built D&D room someone set up in their house. Not necessarily because it looks completely ancient and authentic (it sort of doesn't, although it is pretty cool). But because it is a monument to the power of human enthusiasm. This guy went to a metric ton of trouble and expense to design this room simply because he loved what he was doing. He obviously kept asking himself the whole way, "How could I make this more fun? More entertaining? More surprising? How could I more fully immerse my gaming guests into this other world of make-believe and derring-do?" And then he went and did everything he thought of.

For fun. For friendship. For the refreshment of the spirit.

I might not have too much to talk about with this guy if I met him in person. But I think he's terrific.



Found via boingboing.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Carolyne said...

I don't really get D&D - but I get the fascination with a theme - and I want a room like that about my passions!! People's enthusiasm is amazing - and contagious (now what can I do with our weird roof space...??)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home