7/28/2009

It is far easier to start things than to finish them.

Current works in progress include one full-length play, one YA novel, one podcast (ongoing; requires coaxing submissions, evaluating, producing the recording, posting the recording, publicizing the podcast, and monitoring its relative success), one short play in informal production (short being three minutes; production being an open-mic event here in Wollongong in a few weeks, but it's my directorial debut), one radio play in the very first stages of being produced, a half-dozen short stories on the boil, and a gigglingly tentative foray into performance poetry. Add to this the editing business, the lengthy and disheartening process of sending out stories (not to mention queries for one of my other novels), and the normal day-to-day things that everyone does.

I am keeping myself very busy. It works for me.

8 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Colleen said...

Eh, I'm not even starting anything creative, let alone writerly, so kudos to you : )

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busy is awesome, but I'm finding fallow to be a necessary part of my process, too. You?

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

I wish I had the courage to try fallow. Inactivity terrifies me. There's no virtue in being busy, for me, and I deserve no credit for it. It's what I MUST do.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger fullsoulahead.com said...

Creativity abounds in you. Love it in all its messiness.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Kelly4444 said...

Laura,
I had five thoughts about this. First, this activity seems tremendous! Second, I so admire your drive! And third, well, I guess I get your point.

;)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Kelly4444 said...

a three minute play? I have an idea. Well, it's so small, it's an idea-ette.
Woman is frustrated at trying to lose weight. Hours on the treadmill, eating a bare 600 calories. Scientists are studying her and confirm this.
Punchline is that this isn't a problem because this is the future with not enough food. A cheap-to-feed efficient worker is great!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Laura E. Goodin said...

Kelly, you should write that play!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again Laura,

Yeah, know what you mean... which is why I'm already foaming at the mouth in readiness for this years Nanowrimo!

Cheers,

Gb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home